Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!

Go down 
+5
Toeol Leonheart
Monk Deode
Dachartach Arnductas
Qwalen Masthead
Khalus Akuhei
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Empty
PostSubject: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 am

Well then, this is certainly quite the deal I was hoping for when it was hinted at a few weeks back. For when the time comes I may want to play FFXI again from time to time during down-times in XIV or just as a break. Appears we have until the end of January to decide. This will require some thought, and while this doesn't have much bearing on the Hermes Shoes or the name being saved, cause I don't want to be running around with the name Khalus Fenrir, its still a good deal for whence the time to wanna play XI again should come to pass.

Anyway, that Right of Passage Document will be something interesting to have framed, just because and the Travel Journal will be nice, but I dunno if I'd wanna write in it though. Having a 2nd security token is also going to be nice in case my current one I bought for FFXI should die anytime soon.

Well anyway, what do you all think about the $20 a month for both FFXI and FFXIV?

Quote :

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174422

Square Enix, set to release their highly anticipated next generation MMO Final Fantasy in just a little over a month to customers of the
Collector's Edition, has released images and details on the two different editions. In addition, they've provided details on how they plan to entice current Final Fantasy XI adventurers to venture into their new fantasy world of Eorzea. Discuss this on the ZAM forums.The
Collector's Edition (box art seen below) will be released on September 22, 2010, eight whole days before the release of the Standard Edition, allowing the "early birds" to have a whole week of fun before everyone else. The Collector's Edition is currently priced at $74.99.

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174423

The Standard Edition of Final Fantasy XIV (box cover below), priced at a lower retail of $49.99, will allow players to begin playing in Eorzea on September 30, 2010.

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174424

A bonus that customers of the Collector's Edition can look forward to is a Right of Passage Document that details your character's name, race, clan, birthdate, and gender, issued by your starting city.

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174425

This document will be mailed to you, presumably after the creation of your first character.

A particularly interesting inclusion is a travel journal, which includes never-before-seen concept art.

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174426

One can see this as a valuable item to have for Disciples of the Hand!

An authenticator, which features a new Final Fantasy XIV design, will also be included with the Collector's Edition, heightening account security.

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174427

Adventurers coming from Vana'diel will be interested in hearing about what bonuses are in store for them if they decide to subscribe to both games.

Reduced Monthly Fee

XI and XIV Developer Hiromichi Tanaka had previously hinted at a reduction in the monthly fee of Final Fantasy XI and ZAM has since learned that current XI subscribers will receive a $5.95 base discount when both XI and XIV are registered to the same Square Enix Account. This discount will not apply during a free trial of either games and will only be offered to subscribers who pay by credit card. The discount will only be applied to one XI account per XIV account.

Users debating playing both games will only have until January 2011 to take advantage of the discount. If you do, your base fee for Final Fantasy XI would only be $7.00 versus $12.95!

Bonus XIV In-Game Item

A second bonus available to subscribers of both games is a special in-game item called Hermes Shoes.

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! 174421

Described as, "Named after an elder god, all but forgotten in the modern age, these gold-tipped shoes have been crafted with the lightest of leathers, making them optimal for use by heralds and noterunners.”, the Hermes Shoes will be available in your inventory at the start of the game, provided that you have an active XI account linked before your character is created and you must have a valid Content ID registered. The account cannot be in a free trial period.

Transfer Your Vana'diel Character Name

A third bonus to players of both worlds is the chance to transfer your character name over to Eorzea. However, due to restrictions on this feature, it's hard to envision many players taking advantage of this bonus.

Transfers will not be applicable with the following instances:

• If the FINAL FANTASY XIV playable character is created before an active FINAL FANTASY XI account is linked
  • If, at the time that the FINAL FANTASY XIV character is created, the Content ID on the linked FINAL FANTASY XI is invalid or has been canceled.
  • If the linked FINAL FANTASY XI account is within the free trial period.
  • If no FINAL FANTASY XI character exists on the linked FINAL FANTASY XI account.

Character names may take up to 24 hours to be available and will automatically take on the character's Vana'diel server name as their surname.

Example:

• FINAL FANTASY XI Player Character Name: Mikhalia
  • FINAL FANTASY XI World Name: Carbuncle
  • The resulting FINAL FANTASY XIV character name: Mikhalia Carbuncle

With a potential 24-hour wait on this bonus and the inability to choose your own surname, one would think that players would just as soon simply create the character with the name and surname of their choice immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Qwalen Masthead

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:39 am

Glad I got the CE for once. Generally I skip them but this seems worth it.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
Glad I got the CE for once. Generally I skip them but this seems worth it.

Ditto! I wanted it mainly for the Amano Yoshitaka artwork, but all the other goodies will be useful, too. I hope the authenticator will help keep piracy down. I've never had an account hacked, but then I'm usually more careful than most about third party software, and I usually have the updated versions of my anti-virus software. Oh, and the extra 8 days of play is a good thing too!

I'm glad they're doing something for people who want to stay subscribed to the first game, that speaks volumes about their commitment to customer service. I know that EQ2 had problems with that, as did Asheron's Call 2. The newer games had the effect of cannibalizing the customer base of their predecessors, which didn't really help the companies that published or created the games themselves.

I wish I was special
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Curious if they plan on having an iPhone/Android authenticator. Having something like that on my phone is highly convenient.
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 pm

This is different to what Play.com told me i'd be getting, so sorta confused as to which will be which->

Final Fantasy XIV: Limited Collector's Edition (with Pre-Order Bonus 'Onion Helm')

Quote :
# Pre-Order Final Fantasy XIV: Limited Collector's Edition from Play.com and receive a code to unlock the Onion Helm, an exclusive in-game item that accelerates character recovery after falling in battle

For those players who have already registered their Final Fantasy XIII Campaign Codes, it will be possible to apply this code to the Windows PC version of Final Fantasy XIV. Players will receive a pair of Asuran Armguards, an exclusive in-game item that will enhance the effectiveness of the player's equipped arm or tool

Codes will be emailed the week of release. Pre-order offer details are subject to change at any time

Final Fantasy XIV: Limited Collector's Edition

Final Fantasy XIV: Limited Collector's Edition Includes:
# Exclusive In Game Item
# Adventurer's Branded Tumbler
# Behind the Scenes Bonus DVD
# Final Fantasy XIV - Branded Security Token
# Map of Eorzea
# Adventurer's Notebook
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Monk Deode wrote:
Curious if they plan on having an iPhone/Android authenticator. Having something like that on my phone is highly convenient.

Until you lose your Iphone then what you gonna do???
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Jhereg Taltos wrote:
Monk Deode wrote:

Until you lose your Iphone then what you gonna do???

Me losing a $300 iPhone is far less likely than losing some little key chain authenticator. Regardless, at least with the Blizzard one, it takes about an hour with a CSR proving who you are to get it reset.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Toeol Leonheart wrote:
This is different to what Play.com told me i'd be getting, so sorta confused as to which will be which->

The CEs for the US, EU and JP are slightly different in the extras.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:02 pm

I wonder if the shoes disappear if you cancel your XI subscription... >.>
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Not bad offering a discount on XI with XIV combined. Definitely worth it for those that have the time to play both games. Lots of goodies for the CE as well. Looking forward to the 22nd ^^
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Arukan Enki wrote:
Not bad offering a discount on XI with XIV combined. Definitely worth it for those that have the time to play both games. Lots of goodies for the CE as well. Looking forward to the 22nd ^^

it was still a bit vague in the wording of how its going to work, and specifics as to why the date was implied.

Is it intended to be something akin to merging into one subscription thats always on when you subscribe, (Like station access without the ability to cancel and then retake single subscriptions) in which case its a "Once you do this, your always going to subscribe to both at the same time regardless of prefference and cant change your mind"

Or will it be more like a seconday special offer, in which case the time limit on teh decision wouldnt make sense i guess.......

Sounds interesting enough though
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:40 am

glad i sported for the CE. I enjoy little extras, plus, dont have to pay for the authenticator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!   Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Square Enix releases details about their Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIV!
Page 1 of 1