Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:17 pm

So... you know what's worse than expecting a package to arrive on Friday and it's delayed till Monday?

When the package shows up on time, you take it upstairs, bust open your shiny new toy, plug it in and...

THE F*@#$ thing is defective!

The moment I turned my computer back on after plugging in my shiny new GTX 460, the screen has hundreds of half-inch long horizontal white lines across it. The lines flicker, but I can still see the screen. Okay... I figure it just needs the drivers, so I put in the CD, install the drivers, and re-boot. Upon Windows opening, I get an error message warning me the drivers weren't installed correctly and I need to re-install them. Great...

Maybe I need to download the latest drivers... I do that, and install them. Re-boot... no change.

Okay... maybe my GTX260 drivers and montoring programs are screwing with the new install. I uninstall all the GTX 260 stuff, re-install the GTX 460 stuff and reboot. Still get same warning.

So I take out the GTX 460, put the 260 back in... all is well. At least I know it's not the mobo or something...

Oh well... Newegg is easy to return and exchange stuff with so it's not the end of the world... but it sure ruined my weekend :(

Sorry for the rant but I had to put it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Got a faulty EVGA card from new egg once and they were real simple. I do buy more from my local microcenter now though since its down the street and takes less time than a mail exchange. Peace of mind and all. Although I do still use New Egg.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 pm

I live in So Cal, about 30 minutes from their distribution center, so I get stuff from them next day.

If they allowed walk ups I'd go exchange it this afternoon...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Well that sucks, but hopefully you'll get it replaced by early next week. I'm eager to see your difference in scores...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 pm

Probably won't get my new one until Thursday at the very earliest.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 am

I always get jipped with ram I order. Now I always goto the store and make them install and test them in store before I take them.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 am

Sapphire for ATI, Gigabyte for nVidia. I've never gone wrong with that combo before.

With that said, most brands today are relatively solid and offer nice variants as well.

Sorry to hear you got unlucky man.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 am

I am a xfx guy for ati and nvidia I like BFG normally although I have had a EVGA card
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Roan Varuna wrote:
Sapphire for ATI, Gigabyte for nVidia. I've never gone wrong with that combo before.

With that said, most brands today are relatively solid and offer nice variants as well.

Sorry to hear you got unlucky man.

I think it was just bad luck. All I've seen on the interwebz about this card is positive, so I am hoping I have better luck on the next card they send me.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Dead cards and other components happen, though personally I've never once had a DoA item, I have seen it reported on Newegg on occasion.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!   AAAAUUGGGGHH!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AAAAUUGGGGHH!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Hardware-
Jump to: