Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Konichiwa

Go down 
+3
Khalus Akuhei
Qwalen Masthead
Shirigu Bateau
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shirigu Bateau

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 am

Hi, like most people found your guild at MMORPG.com. I was trying to search for a guild that was not hardcore, was not a bunch of jerks, had fun chatting in a ventrilo server, and just had a good time. I am a father with a son, happily married for the last 10 years, work full-time for Uncle Sam, and going to school right now to earn my Bachelor's degree. So you can see with my schedule I need a more relaxed and casual guild not to mention I can't stand the "teenage" mentality of a lot of the guilds I have come across.

My MMORPG experience includes:

Lineage 1 - 3 years
Lineage 2 - 3 years
World of Warcraft - 3 years
Rohan: The Blood Feud - 6 months
FLYFF - 6 months
Perfect World Malaysia and International - 6 months
Eve Online - 3 months

I have a tendency to talk about everything and anything except politics and religion, those topics end up starting fights so I don't get involved.

Finding a good friendly active guild has been very difficult the last 9 years so I am hoping someday to find one and just settle down for awhile.

Forgot to mention that I loved the Final Fantasy Series. I still remember getting to Play FF 1 when it came out on the NES. My two favorite FF games are VII and X. I never really could get into FF XI it just did not have the feel and look of FF X so I never really got all that interested. I am very anxiously looking forward to FF XIV and hoping that it is great. I did like seeing Leviathan in the video he looks so awesome!

Last edited by Jhereg on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Just wanted to extend my hand in welcome and say hello.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Jhereg wrote:

I have a tendency to talk about everything and anything except politics and religion, those topics end up starting fights so I don't get involved.

Finding a good friendly active guild has been very difficult the last 9
years so I am hoping someday to find one and just settle down for
awhile.

Touche....and thats exactly why I decided to design, build and recruit for my own Linkshell, the way I enjoy playing MMOs, and thus began seekings others like me. We exist, just not in large supply anymore, as this new generation demands instant gratification and silver platter rewards and its quite discouraging to see gamers turn into this from what we originally were.

Its great that ya found us, as I believe we're exactly what you're looking for, at least I think so, based on what most of our members have been saying...hehe Sounds like you have the life that many of us elder gamers are getting into, and the casual nature is the only way to go anymore. We still like to get things done and make progress, but not at the rate of daily scheduled raids and forced participation or you're out...thats just really silly to me. And the childish antics and conversation is really weary to listen to constantly.

Am curious though as you say you can't get into XI, I shall warn ya now that FFXIV is very similar, besides the new Armoury system and Guildleves, it plays near identical to XI. As for the serpent though, and from the story thus far I've got to participate in, its just a large serpent, and unconfirmed whether its Leviathan.

Membership granted ~ shall see ya in our member forums...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Shirigu Bateau

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you very much.

I am hoping for good things from XIV. I liked what I saw in the videos and I am very much glad that there is no PVP in the game.

I also, love the idea that they have NO game cards that will hopefully mean NO BOTS. WOOOT!

The graphics look good, I love the idea that distance is no longer limited like it is in other games. The reason why I could not get into XI was that it came after X and the graphics were worlds apart. It just seemed like SE went Retro all the back to FF VI, which made me feel like I am playing an outdated game. Also, I heard when it first came out if you were husband and wife you could not get on the same server, and that you had to have parties to level past 10.

The guildleves idea looks awesome. I am trying not to get my hopes up as I have played a lot of fail MMO's because the company does not care about the player base just how much money they can make.

My wife is Zondrea so heopfully she will be posting an introduction of herself soon.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Alrighty...looking forward to meeting her as well.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Nice to meet ya Jhereg.
Everyone here seems easygoing and mellow. I don't imagine there being any issues at all.

Look forward to playing along with you.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Welcome to EE. Hope you enjoy it here :D
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Konichiwa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konichiwa   Konichiwa Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:41 am