Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV will launch with 18 classes...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV will launch with 18 classes... Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV will launch with 18 classes...   FFXIV will launch with 18 classes... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:48 am

Sources ~ Kotaku ~ Famitsu ~ 4Gamer {translated}

Square Enix has just confirmed the launch classes for FFXIV this fall, 18 in all. However do keep in mind that Tanaka has been quoted saying there are many more classes to come, but it would seem they wanna get the game launched with what they have complete so far. I was not expecting to see only 2 Magic classes and neither a dedicated healer at release, but after poking around I did discover that both these classes do have healing abilities. However, the Conjurer has better healing spells that fall more in line with say a White Mage.

Based on how FFXIV is set up with cross equipping abilities from other classes, I don't see this as a problem in advancing and getting ourselves well on our way into exploring this new world. Its just going to take a bit more time to learn it and understand it all.

Now then, as far as harvesting & crafting go, 11 of the 18 classes dedicated to that is nice, can we say quite a huge focus on crafting then! And from more poking around its a really intense and in-depth system too.

The Official FFXIV Website has been updated with info on all the classes listed below:

~Disciples of War~

• Archer
  • Gladiator
  • Lancer
  • Marauder
  • Pugilist

~Disciples of Magic~

• Conjurer
  • Thaumaturge

~Disciples of the Land~

• Botanist
  • Fisher