Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV Recommended Specs.

Go down 
+11
Vexia Ravenlocke
Corday Rynir
Qwalen Masthead
Dachartach Arnductas
Cecilia White
Soten Enki
Hyorinmaru Touchi
Avgustin Narion
Roan Varuna
Xzen Corvus
Khalus Akuhei
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Rosa Raevyn wrote:
oh btw I wanted to upgrade windows 32 bit to 64 bit, but my stepdad said it's a waste unless you have more than 4 GB of RAM... I have exactly 4GB so is it still okay to upgrade to it now?

You'd end up unlocking from a half, to one gig of ram if you did. Included in the 4 gig capability of Win 7 32 bit is the video ram of your graphics card.

As for your video card, I HIGHLY recommend you get the 5770 (assuming you want to stay at around the 150$ mark). The little bit of extra money it costs as opposed to the 5750 is well worth it.
You'd be ensuring that you had a card that could last you a couple of years depending on the demands of the games you play.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Hmm, just upgraded to Windows 7(64 bit) and have yet to run the benchmark again. BUt my machine's specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
q8300 2.50 GHZ 2.49 GHZ
6 GB RAM

My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4800 with 1gb memory on that too.

Last score for the benchmark was over 2600 on the low setting.

So, what do you think? Is my kung-fu insufficient? I'm not making translator bucks now, so my upgrade options may be a bit limited.

He may quite possibly be the most dangerous man alive.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 pm

According to the minimum requirements list, you ought to be able to play the game in some intermediate setting.

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Roan Varuna wrote:
According to the minimum requirements list, you ought to be able to play the game in some intermediate setting.

Looks good.

Ok, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do any substantial upgrades, this rig was top of the line when I bought it last May. The benchmark score for the low setting was over 3700, and I tried it on the high setting, but was unable to see the score, as the resolution was giving me trouble. Everything was in an ultra close-up, and I couldn't get it down to the section where I could read the score. Most likely less though, what I saw of the feedback bar had a lot more troughs than the low setting.

When I see a woman that beautiful, I just want to follow her. I don't want to do anything to her, I'm just glad she exists. I want to go up to her and thank her for making the world a better place.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm

woohoo ordered an ASUS G73JH already FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 66415
FFXIV better be worth it....
going to pick it up in singapore during national holiday in mid august
can't wait to benchmark it...

btw i was wondering what kindof rig can score 8k + according to the chart in the official page... i still doubt the asus actually can score anywhere near 3k with hi res!!!
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:45 pm

if you can't see the hi-res version you just need to buy a monitor that support 1920x1080 resolution...
my desktop monitor also shows part of the screen of hi res bench... but my laptop shows fullscreen but stuttering beyond my patience to wait for completion...
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:17 am

Touchi wrote:
woohoo ordered an ASUS G73JH already FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 66415
FFXIV better be worth it....
going to pick it up in singapore during national holiday in mid august
can't wait to benchmark it...

btw i was wondering what kindof rig can score 8k + according to the chart in the official page... i still doubt the asus actually can score anywhere near 3k with hi res!!!

A compressor cooled system with overclocked i7 980, GTX 480 and 16 gigs of DDR3, maybe. I mean EXTREMELY cooled and EXTREMELY overclocked.

Anyone ever seen a score over 7k on high?
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 am

Formatted and switched to Windows 7. Went from 2200 to 2503 on High.
Back to top Go down
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:44 am

Windows 7 is pure sex. I can't say enough good things about this OS, it has definitely made gaming much more enjoyable as a plus! Currently I've topped out at just over 4k on high, think that is about the best I am gonna pull off. And besides, I'm and AMD nerd I like my 6 cores!

~V
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 am

Vexia Ravenlocke wrote:
Windows 7 is pure sex. I can't say enough good things about this OS, it has definitely made gaming much more enjoyable as a plus! Currently I've topped out at just over 4k on high, think that is about the best I am gonna pull off. And besides, I'm and AMD nerd I like my 6 cores!

~V

Very nice. Are you running the 1055 or the 1090?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:57 am

Very nice Arukan...Windows 7 rocks, that it does! How do ya like it?

Wish I was able to get the 6-core CPU, I mean seriously I had just bought my 4-core CPU and got it delivered and let it sit there in an unopened box for nearly a week before I had all the parts to assemble my new PC arrive. And not a day before the 6-core CPU that I had no idea was coming out, I broke the seal on the CPU and opened the box to look at it for some reason.

Then the 6-core was revealed the very next day...yeah I did contact Newegg and tried to get them to let me exchange it, but they wouldn't since the box had been opened...ah well!

btw, what GPU and RAM and do you have Vexia, if ya havn't already posted it and I just don't recall?
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 am

I am liking 7 a lot. Setting it up took a little longer since things were a bit different from Vista but now it's smooth sailing.
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:58 am

Touchi wrote:
got a link for the benchmark???

Yep, it is on the rightside of the forums with the other links. It says "official benchmark". Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Roan Varuna wrote:
Vexia Ravenlocke wrote:

~V

Very nice. Are you running the 1055 or the 1090?

The 1090, I make it a habit to save 20 bucks a month for an "upgrade" pot. It's been about 2 years so figured I would replace it before FFXIV came out. The biggest pain in the arse was the BIOS flash for my motherboard. I haven't had a floppy drive in years so had to USB it. Once I found it though, it runs like a dream.

~V
Back to top Go down
Vexia Ravenlocke

Vexia Ravenlocke

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Very nice Arukan...Windows 7 rocks, that it does! How do ya like it?

Wish I was able to get the 6-core CPU, I mean seriously I had just bought my 4-core CPU and got it delivered and let it sit there in an unopened box for nearly a week before I had all the parts to assemble my new PC arrive. And not a day before the 6-core CPU that I had no idea was coming out, I broke the seal on the CPU and opened the box to look at it for some reason.

Then the 6-core was revealed the very next day...yeah I did contact Newegg and tried to get them to let me exchange it, but they wouldn't since the box had been opened...ah well!

btw, what GPU and RAM and do you have Vexia, if ya havn't already posted it and I just don't recall?

Currently using:

Windows 7 64 bit
8 gig DDR3 1600
GeForce GTX 480 1536MB
CPU 1090T 3.2

I'm pretty happy with the performance and reliability thus far. I can't wait to test it out on the new FF.

~V
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 pm

If I end up cracking and buying the new rig before tax time, I'll have to choose between the 1090 and the i7 875k. The 32 nm Bulldozer architecture is gonna hit in 2011, along with intel's Sandy Bridge (although it'll probably be yet another 1k + dollar deal). Waiting has never been my forte.

Never once owned an AMD machine... I hear very good things though.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:09 pm

going with a i7 930 myself for the new build. The 1090 although nice still is beaten in some benchmarks by the i7 920 for some applications. Plus I can get the 930 for 199 at microcenter.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
going with a i7 930 myself for the new build. The 1090 although nice still is beaten in some benchmarks by the i7 920 for some applications. Plus I can get the 930 for 199 at microcenter.

I dunno if you're able to hold off a little more for your build. Intel is going to be scrapping 1156 and 1366 socket support first half of 2011. They're pushing out integrated graphics core, DDR4, Sata3, PCIe 3 compatible processors. That's the thing with Intel vs AMD... they dump the old architecture fast.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 am

cant really wait actually. Current build will never play FFXIV at an acceptable level to me anyways. And the new will be cost prohibitive for at least a year with the way intel is.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:32 am

Actually they're coming out with an entirely new architecture; which means they'll have entry, mid and high end categories set up.

The 930 is a great CPU and will overclock to 4ghz (with an after market cooler) without a hitch. Good buy.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Roan Varuna wrote:
Actually they're coming out with an entirely new architecture; which means they'll have entry, mid and high end categories set up.

The 930 is a great CPU and will overclock to 4ghz (with an after market cooler) without a hitch. Good buy.

thats true. All things equal I have always been a Intel fan. I have seen rumors that AMDs new stuff will be able to go on a AM3 board. If that were true I would not hesitate to get a 1090 though.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
Roan Varuna wrote:

thats true. All things equal I have always been a Intel fan. I have seen rumors that AMDs new stuff will be able to go on a AM3 board. If that were true I would not hesitate to get a 1090 though.

We can only speculate (and in my case dream) about the future when it comes to tech. There have been more than a few hold ups in the past (some probably deliberate) when it comes to releases. These companies are equal parts innovation and playing the market. I tell ya there isn't a PC I've built before that hasn't had me regretting a month or two later. "Oh if only I'd waited.. If only I'd spent that 500$ more...". It never ends.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Good points. My main thing is will it play FFXIV and Rifts at an acceptable level. Bonus points if Bulldozer runs on AM3 but not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
Good points. My main thing is will it play FFXIV and Rifts at an acceptable level. Bonus points if Bulldozer runs on AM3 but not holding my breath.

You'll do great by your choice. FFXIV and a a few more titles (Metro 2033, Arkham Asylum, Crysis 2) being the rare exceptions, games aren't really keeping up with hardware advances.

I'm sure that 930 will blow you away.
Back to top Go down
Siaan Maune

Siaan Maune

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Had a few questions and from the current posts seems like everyone knows what they are talking about. At the end of August i'll be buying a new labtop and i'll be going all out since I've got the extra cash. I've been researching different out-fits to build a new gaming labtop with since i'm too lazy to purchase all my parts individually and do it myself. Anyone have a company they've built with before they absolutely love and if so please post a reply.

Also I played ffxi on my console since I had it as a gift. Any recommendation for ffxiv controller wise for my pc? I play other mmorgs on my pc with keyboard controls but want to make sure I've got the best setup for ffxiv. Let me know if anyone has an idea from the beta test about what would work the best.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   FFXIV Recommended Specs. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Recommended Specs.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next