Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...

Go down 
+2
Devros Meredin
Khalus Akuhei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Empty
PostSubject: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Oh yeah, love most of this, but especially the last 3. Once again a developer knows what they're doing and not allowing mobs that we've far outleveled to atk us, as FFXI currently plays.{drives me nuts in other MMOs when running by a lvl 5 mob on my max lvl char. and that mob be able to knock me off my mount, sweep my feet from under me...its BS!}

I'm not very excited about instanced dungeons but Notorious Monsters again rocks, and the ability to level every craft to maximum this time....yatta! Gonna be all over that...

• New Land and Hand classes – Harvester (DoL), Armorer (DoH), Goldsmith (DoH) and Woodworker (DoH). The names are subject to change once they are officially released on the English web site.
  • Changing the “face type” changes more than just the face (specifically it is noted that the nose shape and bust size change).
  • PS3 was delayed because of lack of RAM.
  • PS3 will have a fixed resolution.
  • Square will have another meeting this month to discuss the timing of the PS3 beta.
  • French version (and presumably German as well) will have English voice overs with subtitles.
  • Chocobos will be used as mounts and also in a brand new way.
  • Retainers will be placed in set marketplace stalls and be able to hold, and sell, player goods while a player is offline. At this time there is no auction house in the game.
  • Levequests yield, in addition to tangible rewards, reputation.
  • As was the case in FFXI, some mobs will attack unprovoked on sight, but will refrain from such an attack if the player is too high a level.
  • Instanced dungeons and notorious monsters are in the works.
  • Currently is is possible to raise all crafts to maximum level.

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Devros Meredin

Devros Meredin

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:21 pm

I hope we are able to raise chocobos again just like in ffxi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:10 pm

"Retainers
will be placed in set marketplace stalls and be able to hold, and sell,
player goods while a player is offline. At this time there is no
auction house in the game."

I <3 it!

Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... 66415
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:39 pm

The retainers are definitely unique, but won't the lack of Auction Houses make it more difficult to find the items you want? Maybe they're trying to encourage you to find items on your own rather than buying everything, since spending gil in XI was far too easy and getting it was far too difficult :p I look forward to seeing how the retainers are used! hopefully they won't be spread across every inch of land with spam messages like "BUY MY AWESOME SHITE!"
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:07 pm

I agree with bri.. that retainer idea is awesome. offline bazaar ^^
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 pm

I'm expecting there to only be specific areas in which you can place your retainer, like it says "marketplace areas" and once placed maybe then as an option, the NPCs standing around the walls if that is the marketplace area we've seen, would then have a listing of every item that are on each retainer.

So say you and 5 other players have the same chest piece for sale, but all want a different price for it, the NPC would have all 5 listed and who is selling it, but for the convenience there will be a small fee to pay. Or you can find that players retainer and buy it directly.

And this would be the same for each type of item ~ legs, hands, rings, helm...etc
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Retainers have potential. Looking forward to seeing how they work and the fees involved.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 am

Instanced dungeons are good... you dont have to worry about twits running in behind you and ganking the boss.

Overly instanced worlds where you cant move more than several yards without having to zone - while it doesnt really bother me too much, it gets old after while.

Still dunno how crafting is gonna work, are we gonna have subjobs or do we need to have a second character?
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Nope no sub-classes cause you can cross-equip every previous skill and ability learned on one class to another.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:23 pm

yeah I'm really excited to use that cross-equip . it can make for some really interesting combinations. And just for pretend sake say you were fighting kirin or something and you needing a mage of sorts for non-melee dmg. "you over dere, equip your staff, and you over dere , put on your shield and tank. Hehe, it's really gonna be fun ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...   Various FFXIV details from multiple sources... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Various FFXIV details from multiple sources...
Page 1 of 1