Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Voltron Force...

Go down 
+3
Raijin Tsuji
Angstrom Sanchez
Khalus Akuhei
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Well hot damn, and here I was just complaining in the thread on Thundercats about the Voltron remake that had been announced some years back but disappeared from the radar since. Well apparently its still out there and set for release next year.

Lets hope they don't screw any of these remakes up and ruin such beloved franchises...

Voltron Force... Voltron-thumb-550x261-20963

Quote :

So, we've got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming back. Also Thundercats. Transformers and G.I. Joe are here. That's everything, right? No more '80s cartoons and toy lines to bring back? Oh, wait, here's one more.

Voltron is coming back as a revamped animated series. This time it will air on Nicktoons, and they're calling it Voltron Force. World Event Productions and Classic Media are developing this, with Kickstart Productions, makers of Wolverine and the X-Men, co-producing.

Voltron Force sure sounds like a hip, modern revamp of the old Voltron: Defender of the Universe, but Variety reports that the new series will actually stay faithful to the original. Voltron was a giant robot who formed when five individual robot lions joined together. Because sometimes a team of five individual
robot lions just isn't enough to get the job done.

Nicktoons will air 26 half-hour shows starting next year. Mattel will produce a new toy line to go along with it, so a new crop of kids and buy all the lions that make up Voltron. World Event Productions president Ted Koplar told Variety it's really all about the toys.

"What paramount is getting the toys right," Koplar said. "They're pretty involved toys that have to transform and fit together. It's an exciting way to introduce the brand to a generation that isn't familiar with Voltron."

Well, cool toys came with a cool cartoon in 1984, so they can do it again. World Event Productions and Classic Media were going to try a big-screen movie, but they've gone with the animated series instead.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 am

OmG seeing that picture of Voltron again. Ah getting bombarded, by memories of my youth.
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:17 am

And ill form the head!
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:09 am

Oh man that pic gave me the chills.. I'll definitely be getting my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:34 am

Meh. I was always a big fan of the Vehicle force Voltron, it just seemed to take place in a better-realized universe. There was a bit of customization, though that was hard when there were 25 different pilots. And they also had replacement pilots, in case someone was sick that day, so they could still form Voltron. So you basically had the five stereotype anime team characters, then 20 faceless minions who nevertheless got a few lines every week. Faceless minions are awesome to have, whoever you are.

Dead men don't need to be paid.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 pm

I watched both the Vehicle force and Lion force Voltron, and though they were both good, I still liked the Lion force one.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Shirigu Bateau

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:07 am

oh that would be so sweet to draw that in Maya. Make it all CG and very metallic looking. Reminds me so much of how that series was truly great! Hmmmm...think I just might take on that mission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Voltron Force... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltron Force...   Voltron Force... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voltron Force...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Anime & Manga-
Jump to: