Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Fable III

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:05 am

Aww yeah, Fable III is getting a simultaneous release on PC this holiday season along with the 360 version! Missed out on Fable II being console only, but ah well...shall be looking forward to this one, well being that its getting a Q4 release, FFXIV will be out then too so it'll prolly have to wait a few months but at least it'll be there when I have some downtime...hehe

Quote :
Today Microsoft announced that the third installment in the role-playing game by Lionhead Studios will be arriving on PC this holiday season. This is surprising considering the second installment in the series skipped the PC entirely.

The game will be available as a box copy and digitally, exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows – LIVE and will cost $49.99 USD. There was also a limited collector's edition announced for Xbox 360, but so far we haven't heard any news of this edition coming out for the PC.

For more on Fable III and how it differs from the previous entries in the series, head on over to our information center.

Perhaps the most interesting question we don't yet have an answer to is does this announcement mean Project Natal, Microsoft's much-hyped Xbox 360 motion sensing camera, will be released for Windows?
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:21 am

Bleh. I'll play it. It'll be fun, but ultimately, disappointing by the end, like the second one. I hate the movement system.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Rather hilarious way to promote the next installment, never got to play the 2nd one since it never got a PC release but this 3rd one surely is with a dual platform release so I'm eager to play it.

Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:15 pm

The first fable was my greatest gaming disappointment. So many promises and so little follow through. Made me sad panda. Didnt play the second since I have a ps3 and not the 360. Third one has promise.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Peter Molyneux always dreams bigger than he can achieve. Never played Fable I as I didn't have an Xbox, but Fable II disappointed me in the shallowness of social interaction. In no game should I be able to go from slaughtering children to the town hero just be giving a hooker $250,000.

I think this relates to the "grinding" point Khalus Akuhei made about "Arc Rise Fantasia".
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:18 pm

You can play the original Fable on PC, it was lackluster but worthy of a play through to kill time.

Torrent DL here
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Monk Deode wrote:
Peter Molyneux always dreams bigger than he can achieve. Never played Fable I as I didn't have an Xbox, but Fable II disappointed me in the shallowness of social interaction. In no game should I be able to go from slaughtering children to the town hero just be giving a hooker $250,000.

I think this relates to the "grinding" point Khalus Akuhei made about "Arc Rise Fantasia".

If you never knew anything of the game before playing and had never followed it then it would have been a rewarding and somewhat different gaming experience. Sadly I follow games closely and knew all the stuff that the game was supposed to be
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Unfortunately the same can be said about a lot of games, but I try not to follow very many that often, and just play what interests me at release, going in blind, besides the preview videos I post often.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 pm

I try to but it never works. I get interested in something and look at all available info on the game or at least features. Sometimes I blindly purchase something but its very rare.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Mmm... Dues Ex.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:20 am

I never played Fable I, but I did get II. It was fun, sure. I didn't follow it too much before it launched, either. The idea that you advance whichever skills or attributes you use most was intriguing, but in practice you end up levelling them all about evenly. I liked that you had to work to earn money, and that you gained rent money from buildings you purchased. I think I quit playing once I bought the castle, there were some other games that came out then, or something.

The main problem I had with it was the same I have with most sandbox type games, and that is that I can't really identify with my character. Nothing I do matters to me, and the story is not as engaging as I like. Sure, it had its moments, but not so many as a good Final Fantasy.

She never cried when Old Yeller died...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:31 am

Know whatcha mean Dach, Fable is fun for a short time killer, but I much prefer the Gothic series due to how much more open it is and you can kill anyone or everyone should you desire even major plot-line characters at near anytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fable III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III   Fable III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fable III
Page 1 of 1