Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~   FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:04 pm

The latest issue of Famitsu has been leaked early and I originally had an image of a poor scan of the world map posted from that until Satha post below, informing me that the FFXIV site had been updated and we'd not been told. I'll still get to that Famitsu info once its translated in another post. Anyway, here is a High-Res shot of the world map taken from the official FFXIV website and a little info about each city-state and their nation's symbol. {Gridania and Ul'dah have been blank with 'coming soon' forever now...nice to have some info on them finally!}

{Personally I think the Gridania Symbol would look much better in Green since its a forest nation as Ul'dah is already a similar color...blah}

FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Eorzea-Map

Looks like Limsa Lominsa is an island nation, Gridania is deep in the NE great forests{sounds good to me} and Ul'Dah is in the south surrounded by mountains{Bastok-ish anyone?}.

Gridania

"Each tree, each shrub, each leaf, each blade of grass - we treat them as our own sons and daughters. And for that we are loved by this wood." ~ master conjurer and prophet, O-Guna-Por
FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Gridania
In the eastern reaches of the Aldenard landmass, home to vast, dense woodlands and coursing rivers, lies the forest nation of Gridania. The cityscape is a mosaic of labyrinthine waterways and great wooden structures, so gracefully constructed they seem a part of the surrounding environment.

The Gridanian emphasis on natural harmony has led to its preeminence among Eorzea's city-states in trades such as forestry, agriculture, carpentry and leatherworking. Gridania is also home to the Wood Wailers, a militant band of polearm-wielding sentries charged with the protection of their homeland.

The favored goddess of the citizenry is Nophica, the Matron, but great faith is also placed in the wisdom
of the Seedseers - young oracles who guide the nation based on the will of the forest's elementals.

Limsa Lominsa

"No man may tread upon me, for I am the sea." ~ 77th Admiral of Limsa Lominsa, N'bolata Tyata
FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ LimsaLominsa
On the southern coast of the island of Vylbrand, under the shadow of ancient cliffs worn by the relentless onslaught of the Rhotano Sea, lies the marine city-state of Limsa Lominsa. Said to be blessed by the goddess of navigation, Llymlaen, the city is spread out over countless tiny islands, each connected by sturdy bridges of iron and wood construction, earning her the name "The Navigator's Veil" from traveling bards who have witnessed the city's beauty from afar.

Limsa Lominsa is a traditional thalassacracy, with power lying in the hands of the ruling party and its leader - the Admiral. Its economy is driven by shipbuilding, fishing and blacksmithing, but the majority of wealth comes from the lucrative shipping industry.

To maintain the safety of its maritime routes, the city employs a formidable navy known as the Knights of the Barracuda. However, even in the waters nearby the city, pirate bands run rampant, reaving and pillaging.

Ul'dah

"Everyone here is after something - fame, notoriety, power, money. Me? I'll have the whole bloody lot." ~ self-made Lalafell and former Syndicate Member, Cicidoa Sosodoa
FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Uldah
The bustling commercial hub of Ul'dah sits amid the desolate desert landscape of southern Aldenard. The city is organized strategically around the dome-shaped citadel at its center. Its towering fortifications and protective outer walls are visible for malms in all directions, and serve as a stark deterrent to would-be besiegers.

Visitors from every corner of Eorzea come to Ul'dah to partake in the city's famed recreation, most notably the fighting arenas and gambling halls. Ul'dahn culture is known for its affluence, and the wealth of the nation comes in a large part from its abundant mineral resources and prestigious clothcrafting industry.

Historically, it is the sultan who claims sovereignty over Ul'dah, but true power is wielded by the Syndicate, an elite group of six of the most influential and richest members of society. Nald'thal is the patron deity of the city, and two great halls, devoted to his two aspects, can be found in the eastern and western sections of the city.

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~   FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:23 am

I don't know when they did it, but they seem to have added info to the City-States page on www.finalfantasyxiv.com :o

There's also a new section with that map there.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~   FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:23 am

Ah nices, updates the entire post above with this new info!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~   FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Aldenard World Map Revealed ~Official Site Updated~
Page 1 of 1