Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Coinciding with the start of the Final Fantasy XIV alpha test, Famitsu.com was given a chance to quiz the development staff on a variety of game issues. Here's a summary of the Q&A.

The staff first shared a rough schedule for the game's alpha and beta programs.

The alpha test will take place in just one world. The world is named "Shadowlord." They'll be conducting tests
three days a week, with each session lasting about four hours. These tests will be conducted in Japan, North America and Europe, each region separate from one-another.

Once they've gotten the basic functionality of the game stable and conducted tests on server load and so-forth, the'll move into phase one of the beta test. Phase 1 of the beta will use the same version of the game as
the alpha, but will have multiple worlds running in parallel. There will be some adjustments made in the switch from alpha to phase 1 beta that will require them to do a data wipe.

After they've adjusted the game to fix problems and reflect the opinion of test players, they'll move to beta phase 2. From here, the game will run 24 hours. The content of the game used in this beta will have changed considerably and will be closer to that of the final game. The PS3 version of the beta test will begin here.

Phase 2 will gradually expand with additional worlds as the staff runs load tests on having hundreds of thousands of simultaneous connections.

The final service-in for the game will come following a few weeks of open beta testing.

The current alpha test version of the game limits play to just the Limsa Lominsa city-state and its surroundings. This will be the case throughout the alpha and beta tests. You won't be able to access the rest of the world until the final version. Limsa Lominsa and its surroundings account for less than 1/5 of the final version's full world, according to the staff.

Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule S111_Ok72T8QSeyqXtRBpbTBRCsHhv8dANSc2

Other topics addressed in the Q&A:

Character Names
FFXIV lets you input both first and last names for your character. The reason for this is that each world will allows multiple players to have the same family name or same first name -- although two players can't have the same pairing of first and last names, of course. This will give players a chance to more easily play using the name of their choice. When using chat, there's a system in place that will make it so that you won't have to input the full name.

Different Starting Points
What kind of differences can you expect when starting in a different country? Each country will have a different story. Additionally, each city will have different facilities and unique atmosphere.

Enemies
There will be combat-loving monsters who attack you. Additionally, there will be powerful enemies unrelated to the scenario for players to go after. None of this is in the alpha.

Square Enix has been allowing sites other than Famitsu to share their impressions on the alpha as well. 4gamer delivered its own set of impressions, complete with a bunch of screens (some of which you see on this page). See their article here.

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Hot!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:12 pm

cools :o all we need now are some dates and emails with BETA in bold letters and INVITE in it so we dont ahve to keep opening kane and lynch stuff :p
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 pm

I don't care if I don't get invited :o I really want to try it, but at the same time it would distract me from FFXI, and would showcase the game at one of it's poorer stages as opposed to launch which won't be for months and months. Maybe if I get one I'll offer it to Ach for moneh! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

:o if u offer it to me for money ill toss u the little card that says "do not pass go go directly to jail"
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:28 pm

and then I'd slap you with said card and drag you to jail with me and make you my jail bitch! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
and then I'd slap you with said card and drag you to jail with me and make you my jail bitch! lol

monopoly prison isnt like irl prison so no bishes for u. jst a shoe sitting ont eh guys face behidn the bars.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Pfft, that's why I don't like monopoly!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 pm

I don't like the idea that less than 1/5 of the world will be available until release. That means that most of the world will be untested and probably super buggy at release :/

Also, that Lalafel has facial hair :D I'm happy now.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Johny wrote:
Mouse trap FTW

http://www.cinemassacre.com/2009/04/14/board-james-1-mouse-trap/

lol, I had that game xD I was too little to set it up though, so I had to annoy my dad to do it xD
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Citrond wrote:
I don't like the idea that less than 1/5 of the world will be available until release. That means that most of the world will be untested and probably super buggy at release :/

Also, that Lalafel has facial hair :D I'm happy now.

I like that they have the option for them to have facial hair. Though that particular style would not be my personal pick out of all the sliders.

Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule 875454

hehe
Mouse trap.
Angry vid game nurd explains perfectly how i feel about that crap.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 am

Citrond wrote:

SE has a huge team of internal testers and/or professional paid testers they use instead. FFXI was all but entirely internally tested besides a very short friends and family beta in Japan before its original release.

I and many others were quite surprised that SE were doing a closed beta with outside testers, and heck even an open beta. Only having 1/5 of the world avail to testers I love cause only that bit of info will be getting leaked. The rest will remain mysterious and unknown which is a very good thing unlike most MMOs where everything is known before its released...like WoW for example. All the bosses, items, everything are known by all players how to beat them, what you get, how to do everything, and then these same players that watch that crap start whining a few days later that is was all so easy and they're done and pining for more content.

I'd like to see how well those same players could handle WoW if nothing was revealed prior to release of updates and expansions. They'd prolly break down in tears and quit...hehe
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule   Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIV Staff Details Alpha/Beta Schedule
Page 1 of 1