Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

VanaFest 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 am

VanaFest 2010 Vanafest-2010
Quote :

It is our pleasure to announce that the next edition of VanaFest, Japan's premier Final Fantasy XI fan event, will be held on Sunday, February 28th 2010 in Tokyo!

Attendees can expect this year's event to be a veritable goldmine of mind-blowing news. Development and operation team members will engage in a talk session and divulge juicy pieces of information such as new content scheduled for upcoming version updates, planned job improvements, and other exciting milestones for the year 2010. The evolution of Final Fantasy XI is far from over, folks!

But save your awestruck faces for the special announcement...and be sure to hang on to your seats when it comes!

Even those unable to attend need not be disheartened! All the latest news and developments announced at the festival will be delivered to you hot off the press, so stay tuned!

Oh, this should be interesting to find out what the future holds for FFXI considering FFXIV launches this year. I'd really like to know should FFXIV not be what we're hoping for, at least we'll have a place to return too.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Moloolo

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Tokyo :( what a shame. at least we get updates
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 pm

That was expected though, and its not like we don't get updates on these events fully translated in English as they happen...heh Besides I think this event has always taken place in Japan, plus IMO I feel more info is covered and its way more interesting than the events hosted here in the US.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 am

Pet Food Alpha wrote:

It seems that those in attendance at this years VanaFest in Tokyo will receive this item. The Chocobo Cap will join the line of Moogle items that have been released for the last three festival events.

Secondly comes information from the website for the event hinting that FFXIV will be a topic of discussion. There will also be a concert which is more than likely another appearance by the Star Onions.

Another interesting note is tickets for the event in Tokyo at the end of next month. There will be 1,114 tickets available. Take a close look at that number. 11 and 14. FFXI and FFXIV? Tickets for the event are free of charge. The hard part is getting into the lottery for a ticket that Square Enix has for the event. Only those with Japanese Square Enix account (linked to a POL ID) that have been playing since December of 2008 will be eligible for access.

Special thanks to Corinth for the information!

Some interesting info in here, especially the part of this event having info about FFXIV as well, plus the 1,114 tickets speculation that that may be the release date for FFXIV is something to think about. I still would like to think that FFXIV beta won't start until after FFXIII releases so that would put the 6-month closed beta ending around Sept/Oct, and SE has commented they'd like to have an OB too, and that could last a few weeks to a month, but hopefully less, which would place the speculated release date of Nov 14th as quite possible.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 pm

I would so love to go to a Vanafest..ah well, a dork can dream. Chocobo
Back to top Go down
Tareith

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Well, they've stated they want a longer beta process than FFXI had (6 months) and it'll be out this year. They are quickly running out of time to start beta, end beta, start open, and then launch. I still think beta will start sometime in the next 2 months, but that's just my guess based on the launch dates. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them go for the same launch date as FFXI had, tho the question is, which launch date? JP, NA, EU? They've got a history of trying to meet the same dates as previous titles (FFVII and FFVIII for example). I know late summer/fall launches are times they like to target as they are peak times for both japan and the west, but we'll see eventually.

It's no surprise that the majority of the shows are going to be in japan, it's the same over here. The country of origin gets all the good press, we translate. hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VanaFest 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VanaFest 2010   VanaFest 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VanaFest 2010
Page 1 of 1